We’re currently the only ones running local Balboa dances, however the following venues often play high-quality swing music suitable for busting out your Balboa. Check ’em out!
- Monday Night Practice – Not really a practice session, MNP is a regular DJ’d Lindy Hop dance on Monday nights in Cambridge. You’ll only occasionally get a bal dance in here, but still a fun dance. Make sure to check their calendar — the church is closed on most Monday holidays.
- Boston Swing Central – The weekly Friday night dance currently being held at Extreme Dancesport in Cambridge.
- Uptown Swing Dance – monthly dances in Brookline, hosted by Hop to the Beat Studio. Usually with live music.
- Providence Swings – Providence Swings hosts the Bread and Butter Jam — a weekly Thursday night DJ’d dance in Pawtucket, RI. They also host occasional Saturday night special event dances, often with live music.
The following are regional organizations that teach swing-era dances, occasionally including Balboa:
- Boston Lindy Hop – Boston
- New School Swing – Boston
- Hop to the Beat – Newton, Brookline
- Providence Swings – Providence/Pawtucket, RI
- Hartford Underground – Hartford, CT
DanceNet – The scoop on dance happenings in and around Boston.